Senior Partner at Kinnard Law
In 1996, Mark joined Randy Kinnard and the firm of Kinnard Law was formed. For more than 20 years, Mark has focused primarily on handling cases involving medical negligence and personal injury law. He has achieved great success in and out of the courtroom on behalf of his clients.
Mark S. Beveridge, Sr. Partner at the law firm of Kinnard Law, has been selected to the 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers. Super Lawyers recognize attorneys who have distinguished themselves in their legal practice.
Extensive Legal Experience - Practicing Law Since 1980
In 1980, Mark Beveridge began his legal career as an Assistant District Attorney General in the Davidson County District Attorney’s office. He rose to the position of team leader and chief prosecutor in one of Nashville’s criminal courts where he had primary responsibility for all felony prosecutions. His ten years in the District Attorney’s office gave him invaluable courtroom and jury trial experience.
In 1991, Mark decided to enter private practice, joining a prominent local firm. During his time there, he gained extensive civil litigation experience handling cases ranging from medical malpractice to workers’ compensation and personal injury claims.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers in America since 2011
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® (2006-2022)
- Top 50 Lawyers in Nashville - Super Lawyers® (2018-2022)
- Top 100 Lawyers in Tennessee - Super Lawyers® (2018-2022)
- 2020 Nashville "Lawyer of the Year" for Product Liability Litigation
- 2017 Nashville "Lawyer of the Year" for Personal Injury Litigation
- 2016 Nashville “Lawyer of the Year” for Medical Malpractice Law
- Voted "Best of The Bar" by Nashville Business Journal (2018-2022)
- Nashville Bar Association, Past Member of Board of Directors (Two Terms)
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, Past Member of Board of Governors, Circle of Advocates
- Nashville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Foundation, Fellow
In December 2015, Mark was appointed Judge of the Belle Meade City Court, where he serves two mornings per month. He previously served as Vice Chairman of the Municipal Planning Commission for the City of Belle Meade. Mark is a volunteer mediator for the Nashville Conflict Resolution Center. He was appointed by Mayor Karl Dean to the Metro Nashville Domestic Violence Safety Assessment Task Force. He is a past President of the Exchange Club of Nashville and of Exchange Club Charities, Inc. and a former Chairman of the Antiques and Garden Show of Nashville. Mark is an active member of Westminster Presbyterian Church where he has been an elder, youth mentor, and youth Sunday school teacher. He participates in Room in the Inn, Habitat for Humanity builds, and a Friday morning men’s Bible study group.
When not advocating for injury victims, Mark can be found playing tennis, enjoying a game of golf, relaxing with some gardening, reading history, or taking a bike ride or a walk in the park or on the Nashville Greenway.
University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia - 1980
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia - 1977