Nashville Dog Bite & Animal Attack Lawyers
Mauled By a Vicious Dog? Call Our Firm Immediately!
If you or your child has been mauled in a vicious dog attack, and you have significant medical bills, you should have an experienced personal injury lawyer guiding you through the legal process. Many serious animal attacks require multiple surgeries and ongoing medical treatment. It is wise to seek the counsel of a knowledgeable attorney who can help you ensure your future financial compensation.
The Nashville dog bite attorneys at Kinnard Law understand that an animal attack can be jarring both physically and emotionally. Dangerous breeds or large animals can cause devastating, lifelong injuries to adults and children alike. Our lawyers can listen to the facts of your situation and educate you on how the law intersects with your dilemma during a free, no-risk consultation.
Examining the Consequences of Animal Attacks
For the past 30 years, the team at Kinnard Law has been representing clients who have suffered the consequences of vicious dog bites and animal attacks, including:
- Significant scarring
- Serious infection
- Multiple plastic surgeries
- Substantial medical expenses
- Torn muscle
These serious injuries can lead to lifelong scarring, both physically and psychologically.
Common Causes of Dog Bites
Understanding the common causes of dog bites is crucial when pursuing a dog bite claim. Dog bite incidents can happen for various reasons, but they typically fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Owner Negligence: Many dog bites occur because of owner negligence, where the owner fails to restrain or control their pet properly. This can happen if the dog is off-leash in a public area, in a place where it should be leashed, or if the owner does not take appropriate precautions to prevent an attack.
- Lack of Socialization: Dogs not adequately socialized may be more prone to biting. A lack of exposure to different people, environments, and situations can make a dog anxious, leading to aggressive behavior.
- Provocation: Dogs may react aggressively if they feel threatened or provoked. This can happen if someone acts aggressively towards the dog, invades its space, or engages in behavior that makes the dog uncomfortable.
- Protective Instincts: Some dogs may bite to protect their owners or territory, especially if they feel their owner is in danger. This can occur when a dog is not properly trained, or owners do not manage their dogs in situations that could lead to aggression.
- Medical Conditions: Underlying medical conditions or pain can cause a dog to react aggressively. Owners should know their pets' health and seek medical attention when necessary.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Dog Bite Claim?
When you or a loved one has suffered a dog bite injury, you may be entitled to compensation for various damages. The damages that can be recovered in a dog bite claim may include:
- Medical Expenses: This includes costs related to medical treatment, hospitalization, surgery, prescription medications, and rehabilitation. It is essential to document all medical expenses associated with the dog bite.
- Pain and Suffering: Dog bite injuries can result in physical and emotional suffering, including pain, trauma, and anxiety. Compensation may be available to help you recover from these non-economic damages.
- Lost Wages: If the dog bite injury causes you to miss work or hinders your ability to perform your job, you may be eligible to recover lost wages and future income potential.
- Scarring and Disfigurement: Dog bites often result in scarring or disfigurement, which can have a long-lasting impact on your appearance and self-esteem. Compensation can cover the costs of scar revision surgery or therapy.
- Property Damage: If the dog bite incident caused damage to personal property, such as torn clothing or damaged personal items, you may be entitled to reimbursement.
- Emotional Distress: The psychological trauma resulting from a dog bite can be extensive. Compensation may be awarded for emotional distress, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Statute of Limitations for a Dog Bite Claim in Tennessee
In Tennessee, the statute of limitations for dog bite claims is generally one year. This means you have one year from the date of the dog bite incident to file a lawsuit. If you fail to do so within this time frame, you may lose your right to pursue a claim and seek compensation for your injuries. It is essential to consult with an experienced dog bite attorney as soon as possible to ensure your case is filed within the prescribed time limits.
Taking the Right Steps After Suffering a Dog Bite Injury
Because of their trusting and playful nature, children are especially vulnerable to dog bites. Our attorney team is knowledgeable about Tennessee's dog bite legislation. We can examine the facts of your situation and properly advise you regarding your case and the challenges you might face through litigation. You can trust us to help you make the right decision after a severe animal attack.
It is not uncommon for individuals to be bitten by a dog and immediately wish to file a lawsuit. These decisions can be fueled by anger or frustration. In many circumstances, the injury itself might be superficial and could better be handled through negotiation with the dog's owner. Whatever the case, you must discuss your options with an attorney before taking action.
Let us review your case for free by calling (615) 933-2893.
Personal Injury - Erin Andrews Lawsuit Against Hotel $55 Million
Medical Malpractice - 62 Year Old Woman $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Largest Verdict in Weakley County History $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Davidson County $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death of 22 Month Old $5 Million
Golf Cart Accident $4.4 Million
Medical Malpractice - 24 Year Old College Student $4 Million
Wrongful Death - Tractor-Trailer Wreck $3.25 Million
Wrongful Death - 16 Year Old Boy $3 Million
Auto Accident - Rutherford County $3 Million
Integrity, above and beyond- H.W.
In the hardest two years of my life, you provided the utmost trust, comfort, and support.- T.H.
We are very grateful.- E.I.
Great staff.- J.
100% Best Lawyers Around- J.S.