Nashville Premises Liability Lawyer
Injured Due to Inadequate Security or Dangerous Premises?
In Tennessee, all property owners must keep their premises safe for visitors. This includes hotel and apartment complex owners, retail store owners, and even homeowners. Failing to keep their premises safe from foreseeable hazards or unreasonable danger could put their visitors at risk, which could ultimately result in any number of catastrophic injuries – or even death.
For example, failing to address reports of suspicious or threatening activity or unsecured doors, broken locks, and other security breaches could contribute to the risk of assault, rape, and other criminal acts. If you or someone you love was harmed due to negligent or inadequate security, you may have grounds to file a lawsuit. Call the Nashville premises liability attorneys at Kinnard Law to learn more.
Ready to take action? Call (615) 933-2893 for a FREE review.
Other Types of Premises Liability Cases
Apart from negligent or inadequate security, several other circumstances could lead to a premises liability lawsuit. Some of the most common premises liability claims involve:
- Inadequate security
- Slip and fall accidents
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Dog bites / animal attacks
- Falling merchandise
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator accidents
Essentially, if a property owner ignores any dangerous conditions on their premises or fails to take appropriate measures to prevent criminal activity, they could be held accountable.
Recoverable Damages in a Tennessee Premises Liability Claim
In Tennessee premises liability cases, the damages that can be recovered may include:
- Medical Expenses: You may be rewarded compensation for your medical bills related to the injuries sustained on the property.
- Pain and Suffering: Victims often endure physical and emotional pain. You may be eligible to receive compensation for the suffering you have endured.
- Lost Wages: If injuries prevent you from working or reduce your earning capacity, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages.
- Property Damage: If any personal property was damaged in the incident, you can seek reimbursement for repairs or replacement.
- Rehabilitation Costs: Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses can be significant, which can also be covered in a premises liability claim.
- Wrongful Death: In the event that a loved one loses their life, surviving family members may be compensated for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and the emotional toll of the loss.
Understanding the Statute of Limitations in Tennessee
In Tennessee, the statute of limitations for premises liability claims is generally one year from the date of the injury. It is essential to take action promptly, as failing to file your claim within this timeframe can result in losing your right to seek compensation.
While one year is the general rule, there may be exceptions and variations in specific cases. To ensure that you adhere to the appropriate timeline and protect your legal rights, it is vital to consult with a knowledgeable Nashville premises liability lawyer as soon as possible. Our experienced attorneys at Kinnard Law are well-versed in the intricacies of Tennessee premises liability law and will help you navigate the legal system effectively.
Discuss Your Case with Kinnard Law Today
If you have been injured on someone else’s property, you may have grounds to seek compensation. Get started by discussing the facts of your case with a Nashville premises liability lawyer at Kinnard Law. We offer free, no-obligation consultations, so you would have nothing to lose by calling us today. Our firm is ready to put our 150+ years of collective legal experience to work for you!
Personal Injury $55 Million
Medical Malpractice $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death $5 Million
Golf Cart Accident $4.4 Million
Medical Malpractice $4 Million
Wrongful Death $3.25 Million
Wrongful Death $3 Million
Auto Accident $3 Million
These are the professionals that you want fighting for you and the people you love!- Lauren Price Cook
Integrity, above and beyond.- H.W.
In the hardest two years of my life, you provided the utmost trust, comfort, and support.- T.H.
We are very grateful.- E.I.
Great staff.- J.