Louisville Car Accident Lawyer
Hundreds of Cases Tried, Millions Recovered for Clients
Car wrecks can change everything. From permanent disabilities to the tragic loss of life, their potential for devastating outcomes is a reminder that we all bear responsibility for the safety of others on our roads. Unfortunately, not everyone upholds their duty to safely operate a motor vehicle, ensure the safety of their products, or take reasonable steps to avoid preventable crashes.
If you or a loved one have been harmed in a wreck caused by another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. At Kinnard Law, our award-winning Louisville car accident lawyers can help you explore options for pursuing the justice and financial recovery you deserve.
Why Choose Kinnard Law?
- Named to U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”
- Millions Recovered for Clients, Record-Setting Verdicts
- Over 100 Years of Collective Legal Experience
Since 1977, Kinnard Law has focused exclusively on fighting for the injured and the wronged. Our Louisville car accident attorneys have been recognized among The Best Lawyers in America®, Super Lawyers, and Best Lawyers’ prestigious “Lawyer of the Year” in Personal Injury, Product Liability, and Medical Malpractice Litigation.
Founder Randall Kinnard, a member of the invite-only Inner Circle of Advocates (reserved for the top 100 plaintiffs’ trial attorneys in the nation), is a Certified Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA).
Speak with us about your auto accident. Kinnard Law offers FREE consultations to victims across Jefferson County and the state of Kentucky. Contact us at (502) 532-2711.
What Are Common Injuries Cause by Car Crashes in Louisville?
When two vehicles collide, the force of impact can cause drivers and passengers a variety of severe injuries, ranging from mild cuts and bruises to debilitating disabilities and even death.
Some of the most common types of car accident injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI)
- Severe Burns
- Broken or Fractured Bones
- Internal Organ Damage
- Psychological Trauma (PTSD)
What Should I Do After a Louisville Car Wreck?
After a car accident, it is important for victims to take the right steps to protect their rights and any potential compensation they might be entitled to. Victims should not admit fault or sign anything without consulting with an experienced Louisville car accident attorney. It is also important to document as much evidence of the crash as possible, including taking pictures of the scene and talking to witnesses who may have seen what happened.
In addition, victims should seek medical attention immediately following a crash even if they aren’t feeling pain or discomfort at that moment. By doing these things, victims can ensure that they are in a better position when seeking justice for their injuries caused by another person’s negligence.
Here's a short list of the steps you should take after a car crash in Louisville:
- Seek medical care immediately, even if you think your injuries are minor.
- Document the accident scene by taking pictures of any property damage and vehicle positions. Then gathering contact information from all who were involved in the crash as well as anyone who witnessed what happened.
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver(s).
- Report the accident to your insurer and local law enforcement agency (if required).
- Contact a qualified car accident attorney experienced in handling claims in Kentucky. They can help review evidence and advise you about legal options available based on state laws.
- Preserve any physical evidence from the crash, such as clothing or broken vehicle parts that may have caused or contributed to your injury or damages. A Louisville car accident attorney can ensure this is done correctly according to applicable statutes of limitations requirements in KY law so your evidence does not get thrown out in the future.
- Keep a log of all expenses related (directly or indirectly) to the car wreck. This includes medical bills, prescriptions, lost wages, copies of receipts, etc. These will be important when seeking compensation for damages incurred and injuries suffered.
- Gather statements from witnesses who saw the accident occur or who could testify regarding your physical condition before, during and after the crash.
Can I File a Car Accident Lawsuit?
Victims who suffer harm and losses as a result of auto accidents, or who lose loved ones to fatal wrecks, may have the right to take legal action in the form of a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. These civil claims allege crashes, injuries, and resulting damages were caused by the negligent or wrongful acts of another, such as:
- Drugged or drunk driving
- Driver distraction / texting while driving
- Traffic violations (i.e. speeding, running a red light, failure to yield)
- Regulatory violations (for commercial tractor-trailers and buses)
- Defective products and auto parts (product liability)
The unique facts of your crash will determine whether you have cause for action, as well as who may be held liable for your damages – be it a negligent motorist, commercial driver or trucking company, product manufacturer, or government entity.
At Kinnard Law, we offer In-depth evaluations to help explore potential claims and liability, available insurance coverage, and your options for recovering needed compensation.
Should I Use a Louisville Car Accident Attorney for My Case?
You’re not required to have a lawyer when filing a car accident claim, but experience can make the difference when it matters most.
Like any civil injury case, car accident claims are critical to victims and families who depend on a successful resolution to cover their damages. They’re also aggressively defended against by powerful insurance companies that care more about profits than people, and can be rife with potential challenges – including disputed liability, uninsured / underinsured motorists, and more.
Statistics show, on average, that insurance payouts are 3.5x larger when accident victims work with legal representation. What’s more, a Louisville car accident lawyer can position you for a successful outcome by:
- Conducting investigations and gathering evidence to prove fault and liability;
- Handling communications and dealing with insurance companies on your behalf;
- Coordinating with doctors and specialists regarding your medical records;
- Documenting your medical care, expenses, and damages;
- Collaborating with experts who can support claims about crashes or injuries;
- Negotiating full and fair settlements, or litigating at trial when necessary.
How Much is My Car Accident Case Worth?
That’s a question with different answers for everyone. Car crashes are unique, and how they affect victims and families will always be different. The nature and severity of your injuries, your prognosis (likelihood of recovery or impairments you may be left with), and other losses arising from the crash are key factors in your case value.
Generally, recoverable damages in auto accident cases include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Costs associated with permanent disabilities, limitations, and future needs
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional injuries, including emotional suffering of close family members
- Lost income and lost future wages
- Property damage
Let Kinnard Law Guide You Through the Auto Accident Claim Process
Kinnard Law has earned national recognition and a reputation as one of the region’s most respected Civil Trial Law Firms. Backed by hundreds of millions in verdicts and settlements, record-setting results, and a team of compassionate attorneys who care about clients’ futures, our team takes every step possible to help victims through each phase of the legal process, and recover the maximum compensation possible.
To discuss a potential case, call (502) 532-2711 or contact our Louisville car accident lawyers online.
Personal Injury $55 Million
Medical Malpractice $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death $5 Million
Golf Cart Accident $4.4 Million
Medical Malpractice $4 Million
Wrongful Death $3.25 Million
Wrongful Death $3 Million
Auto Accident $3 Million
These are the professionals that you want fighting for you and the people you love!- Lauren Price Cook
Integrity, above and beyond.- H.W.
In the hardest two years of my life, you provided the utmost trust, comfort, and support.- T.H.
We are very grateful.- E.I.
Great staff.- J.