Louisville Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Fighting For the Seriously & Permanently Injured
Personal injury lawsuits can involve many different types of accidents and injuries. When injuries are so severe that they result in life-altering consequences, they’re classified as catastrophic.
From severe pain and suffering to lasting disabilities, the repercussions of a catastrophic injury can be profound and permanent. Catastrophic injuries also have the potential to cause considerably greater financial losses than those claimed in the “average” personal injury case – which makes it even more important for victims to secure full compensation from at-fault parties.
As a law firm focused exclusively on fighting for the injured, Kinnard Law has the experience and resources required of these complex and high-stakes claims.
Why Choose Kinnard Law?
- Our firm has secured record results and millions in compensation for injured victims.
- We’ve been selected among U.S. News’ “Best Law Firms” in Personal Injury, Product Liability, and Medical Malpractice.
- Founding Partner Randall L. Kinnard has earned national recognition as a trial attorney, including a selection among The Best Lawyers in America®, Super Lawyers®, and more.
- We care about our clients and their futures, and prioritize personal attention.
Our firm is led by Attorney Randall L. Kinnard, a Board Certified Civil Trial and Medical Malpractice Specialist and member of the Inner Circle of Advocates – an invite-only group for the nation’s top 100 plaintiffs’ trial lawyers. Backed by Attorney Kinnard’s experience, our team helps victims level the playing field with insurance companies that care more about profits than people.
If you have a potential case, call or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic injury cases are personal injury cases, which means they are civil claims that aim to hold Defendants financially responsible for damages victims suffer as a result of their negligent or wrongful acts. In most personal injury cases, victims are able to recover from their injuries and lead normal lives. In cases involving severe injuries, however, victims suffer long-term if not lifelong losses.
What makes an injury “catastrophic” can vary from case to case. Generally, catastrophic injury cases are distinguished from other personal injury cases for a few reasons:
- They involve severe, long-term, or life-altering physical injuries;
- They result in considerable emotional and financial losses;
- They cause long-term or lifelong limitations and / or the need for future care and medical treatment.
When victims and families suffer extensive harm and losses, and have future needs associated with injuries or disabilities, recovering full compensation becomes all the more important. However, these cases can also be more complex than the average injury claim.
Not only do catastrophic injury cases demand ample time and attention and extensive resources, they also require creative solutions to defenses and strategies employed by defendants and insurance carriers who go to great lengths to deny or dispute liability, and pay as little as they possibly can. At Kinnard Law, our firm knows how to prepare these cases effectively, and how to help victims fight back.
Catastrophic Injury Cases We Handle
Because our firm focuses on personal injury law, we’re able to leverage the resources required of catastrophic injury claims. Examples of serious injury cases we handle include:
- Traumatic brain injuries / permanent brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries / paralysis
- Amputation / loss of limbs
- Severe burn injuries
- Permanent disability (i.e. vision or hearing loss, organ damage, etc.)
- Severe injuries resulting from medical malpractice
- Life-altering birth injuries
Though damages are unique to each case and victim, the scope of losses resulting from serious injuries can be extreme. At Kinnard Law, we fight relentlessly for the compensation our clients need to cover their economic and non-economic damages. This may include:
- Past medical bills
- Projected future medical expenses
- Lost wages and future earnings
- Rehabilitation / therapy
- In-home care or living assistance
- Medical devices or accommodations
- Medications and medical monitoring
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental / psychological anguish
- Lost quality or enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement and disability
- Emotional injuries suffered by a victim’s loved ones (lost emotional support, companionship, consortium, etc.)
A Proven Record of Success
Kinnard Law has recovered hundreds of millions in compensation for our clients, including those who suffered catastrophic injuries due to the actions and neglect of others.
Examples of our results include:
- $55M verdict for a woman for severe emotional distress.
- $22.2M verdict for a woman and her husband after she became paraplegic.
- $15.2M verdict for a client who suffered permanent brain damage.
- $4M verdict for a 24-year-old college student.
- $2.9M verdict in connection to a car accident case that killed one victim and seriously injured another. The survivor of the crash sustained permanent injuries, and was required to undergo multiple surgeries after the wreck.
- $2M verdict for the family of a 7-year-old girl who suffered a skull fracture and brain injury in a bus accident.
Call For a FREE Consultation: (615) 933-2893
Though catastrophic injuries can make for challenging and aggressively contested cases, they can be handled effectively by an experienced lawyer.
At Kinnard Law, our team is passionate about helping victims and their families secure the justice and compensation they deserve. If you or someone you love has suffered a serious injury in Louisville or any of the surrounding areas, we’re available to speak with you personally about your case, rights, and available options. Contact us to request a FREE and confidential case evaluation.
Personal Injury - Erin Andrews Lawsuit Against Hotel $55 Million
Medical Malpractice - 62 Year Old Woman $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Largest Verdict in Weakley County History $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Davidson County $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death of 22 Month Old $5 Million
Medical Malpractice - 24 Year Old College Student $4 Million
Wrongful Death - Tractor-Trailer Wreck $3.25 Million
Wrongful Death - 16 Year Old Boy $3 Million
Auto Accident - Rutherford County $3 Million
Wrongful Death & Personal Injury - Auto Accident $2.9 Million
In the hardest two years of my life, you provided the utmost trust, comfort, and support.- T.H.
Best law firm in Tennessee- T.M.
We are very grateful.- E.I.
They showed compassion and grit in a professional manner like no other law firm.- P.L. & L.W.
Great staff.- J.