Carbon Monoxide Leak in Downtown Nashville Hotel Sickens at Least a Dozen People

There's No Substitute for Experience

A carbon monoxide leak at The Westin hotel in downtown Nashville sickened at least a dozen people early in the morning on Wednesday, November 7.

According to the Nashville Fire Department, at least six people have been transported to the nearby Vanderbilt University Medical Center. More information about their current condition was not made immediately available.

The fire department received the first call at about 6:45 a.m. after a number of people using the hotel gym became sick. According to reports, the leak was isolated to the hotel’s third floor with the fitness center, several offices, and a swimming pool. The fire department also noted that the carbon monoxide readings registered a level of 500 ppm, more than 14 times higher than normal. However, the high point could have been even higher according to officials.

“The people were working out, they were the first ones to indicate that something was wrong because they got sick and got out of there,” Nashville Fire Department spokesman Joseph Pleasant said. “Had this happened overnight, possibly had it happen in an area where people were sleeping, it could have been a very much different outcome.”

Our personal injury attorneys at Kinnard Law have the experience you can count on if you were affected by a carbon monoxide leak. In fact, attorney Randall Kinnard was the lead counsel on the largest wrongful death case in Tennessee history when he secured a $2.8 million settlement for the family of a man who was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning while in the Ramada Inn Opryland Hotel in Nashville. If you are in need of legal representation, contact us by filling out our online form, or by calling us at (615) 933-2893 to discuss your situation with a member of our firm today.

Related Posts:

Share To: