Louisville Birth Injury Attorney
Fighting for Victims & Families Across Kentucky
Childbirth should be one of life’s most cherished experiences. Unfortunately, obstetricians, nurses, and other health care providers who care for mothers and babies before, during, or immediately after childbirth can make critical errors that impact victims and families for the rest of their lives.
As a law firm that’s earned national recognition for our work in complex medical malpractice cases, Kinnard Law has extensive experience representing injured mothers, newborns, and families in civil lawsuits involving a range of preventable injuries. If you or your child has been harmed by negligence, we want to help.
Kinnard Law: Proven Results in Medical Negligence Cases
Kinnard Law is led by Attorney Randall Kinnard, an award-winning trial lawyer and member of the illustrious Inner Circle of Advocates, an invite-only organization comprised of the nation’s top 100 plaintiffs’ trial lawyers. Since 1977, Attorney Kinnard and our firm have been trusted by clients and colleagues across the region. Here are just a few reasons why:
- We’re led by a Board-Certified Medical Malpractice Specialist.
- We’ve secured record-setting results and millions in compensation for clients.
- Our firm has been selected to U.S. “Best Law Firms” in the areas of Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, and Product Liability Law.
- Attorney Randall Kinnard has been recognized by prestigious organizations, including the Inner Circle of Advocates, Super Lawyers®, The Best Lawyers in America®, and more.
If you or your child suffered harm you believe was caused by substandard care, our team is available to help. Contact us to learn about your legal options during a FREE consultation.
What Is a Birth Injury Lawsuit?
Birth injury lawsuits are civil claims in which victims seek financial compensation for damages arising from preventable injuries suffered during labor or delivery, during pregnancy, or shortly after childbirth.
Though every case is unique, birth injury lawsuits generally allege doctors, nurses, or other health care providers failed to meet their duty of care, and that their negligence more likely than not caused preventable harm and suffering.
Birth injury claims may involve:
- Failures to identify and treat maternal risk factors or complications (i.e. preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, large fetus, etc.);
- Failure to monitor fetal heartbeat / respond to signs of fetal distress
- Infant brain damage, including hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy
- Cerebral palsy
- Improper use of labor-inducing drugs
- C-section injuries, including delayed C-section or failure to perform cesarian delivery;
- Improper use of forceps or vacuum extractors
Proving negligent medical care requires in-depth examination of a case and the circumstances surrounding injuries. It also demands close collaboration with medical experts to determine the applicable standard of care, and how attending medical personnel failed to meet that standard.
At Kinnard Law, our team is available to review your potential case to determine whether you might have cause for legal action, and discuss how we can help you navigate the legal journey ahead.
Birth Injury Compensation: Recovering Damages
Birth injuries can affect families in profound and devastating ways. Injuries affecting the brain, for example, can significantly affect a child’s cognition and development, create a lifetime of challenges for children, and place considerable emotional and financial demands on families.
Recovering full and fair compensation in birth injury cases is crucial to helping families obtain the means and money to address their future needs, as well as the pain and suffering, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages they’ve already incurred.
At Kinnard Law, we take the time to understand how injuries have impacted our clients’ lives. We also work with experts to determine how those injuries will affect clients’ futures, and what expenses and damages families are likely to face as their children mature.
Examples of our Medical Malpractice Case Results
- $22.2 million verdict (Tennessee state record) for a client left paralyzed after medical personnel inserted an epidural catheter for pain control following surgery to repair a broken leg.
- $5 million verdict for the family of a young boy who died when medical personnel failed to adequately treat his tick infection.
- $1.6 million verdict for the family of a 44-year-old single mother who developed a fatal blood clot after giving birth to twins, and was told to stay at home by her doctor.
Speak With a Louisville Birth Injury Lawyer About Your Legal Options
Victims of negligence have the right to hold at-fault parties accountable for negligence, and liable for the damages they incurred. If you would like more information about filing a birth injury lawsuit in Kentucky, or want to discuss your rights and legal options with an experienced Louisville attorney, Kinnard Law offers free and confidential consultations. Contact us to speak with a lawyer.
Personal Injury - Erin Andrews Lawsuit Against Hotel $55 Million
Medical Malpractice - 62 Year Old Woman $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Largest Verdict in Weakley County History $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Davidson County $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death of 22 Month Old $5 Million
Golf Cart Accident $4.4 Million
Medical Malpractice - 24 Year Old College Student $4 Million
Wrongful Death - Tractor-Trailer Wreck $3.25 Million
Wrongful Death - 16 Year Old Boy $3 Million
Auto Accident - Rutherford County $3 Million
Integrity, above and beyond- H.W.
In the hardest two years of my life, you provided the utmost trust, comfort, and support.- T.H.
We are very grateful.- E.I.
Great staff.- J.
100% Best Lawyers Around- J.S.