Louisville Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Medical Negligence Attorneys with Record-Setting Results
If you suspect injuries suffered by you or a loved one were the result of medical malpractice, it is critical that you contact an experienced Louisville medical malpractice attorney right way. Doctors, nurses, and health care providers carry large insurance policies and work with their carriers to aggressively fight claims filed against them.
This is why it is crucial to have a Louisville medical malpractice attorney by your side. At Kinnard Law, our award-winning medical malpractice lawyers in Louisville help victims and families navigate the medical malpractice lawsuit process in Kentucky.
Our commitment to clients and extensive experience in the practice area means clients can feel confident about placing their trust in our Louisville law firm when they have complex claims.
Our Louisville medical malpractice lawyers at Kinnard Law have recovered millions in compensation for our clients. To discuss a potential case during a free consultation, give us a call today at (615) 933-2893 or contact us online.
How Our Nashville Attorneys Help the Victims of Medical Negligence?
Our medical malpractice lawyers in Louisville are experienced legal professionals who know the medical malpractice laws of Kentucky. We understand what medical negligence looks like, how medical records should be collected and interpreted to prove medical malpractice, and how to hold medical providers accountable.
By working with an attorney that specializes in medical negligence law you can rest assured that your case is being handled efficiently, and that medical malpractice laws are being applied correctly.
Our Nashville medical malpractice attorneys can provide help with:
- Investigating medical negligence claims to ensure all claims are valid
- Obtaining medical records and other identifying evidence
- Consulting with medical experts who can provide witness testimony in court
- Preparing expert reports to explain medical malpractice allegations, damages, and medical opinions
- Representing victims of medical malpractice at deposition hearings
- Negotiations with insurers for fair compensation
- Filing the necessary documents related to a claim in court
- Advocating for clients during trial proceedings
- Counseling clients on their legal rights when filing a lawsuit claiming damages due to medical malpractice
- Assisting families in recovering financial compensation for injuries suffered as a result of medical negligence
Why Choose Kinnard Law's Louisville Medical Malpractice Lawyers?
- Our firm is led by a Board-Certified Medical Malpractice Specialist (Randall L. Kinnard).
- We’ve secured the largest malpractice verdict in Tennessee history ($22.2M).
- We’ve been voted among U.S.4 News’ “Best Law Firms” in Medical Malpractice Law.
- Attorney Randall Kinnard is a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates, an invite-only legal organization comprised of the 100 top plaintiffs’ attorneys in the United States.
Do You Have a Medical Malpractice Case?
If you or someone you love has suffered harm due to the negligence of a health care provider, you may be entitled to compensation that our Louisville medical malpractice attorneys can help you obtain. Medical professionals are obligated to meet their “duty of care” when treating patients, and they can be held liable for failing to provide care that meets accepted standards.
Generally, a failure to meet the standard of care means medical providers failed to act as a reasonably skilled medical provider would act under the same or similar circumstances.
Examples of substandard care and medical errors that can give rise to malpractice claims include:
- Obstetrical Malpractice / Birth Injuries
- Emergency Room Errors
- Misdiagnosis of Cancer
- Failure to Diagnose Heart Conditions
- Surgical Errors
- Plastic Surgery Injuries
- Medication / Prescription Errors
- Anesthesia Errors
- Orthopedic Malpractice
The duty of care that applies to your case depends on the circumstances involved, including the type of injury, the doctors or specialists who treated you, and other particular facts.
At Kinnard Law, our skilled Louisville medical malpractice lawyers can evaluate your potential case to determine if you have grounds to file a lawsuit. Our dedicated legal team also works with relevant medical experts to prove how doctors, nurses, or other negligent medical personnel failed to meet their duty of care.
What Compensation Can I Recover for a Medical Malpractice Case?
Medical malpractice claims allow victims to recover financial compensation for their damages. When our Louisville medical malpractice attorneys are fighting for you, your compensation may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income and lost future earnings
- Emotional suffering, including loss of quality of life or loss of companionship
The monetary value of your case will depend on the facts involved. At Kinnard Law, we work diligently to calculate how injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one impact our clients’ physical, financial, and emotional well-being so as to pursue the maximum compensation possible.
Examples of our Medical Malpractice Results
- $22.2 million verdict for a woman who was paralyzed when medical personnel inserted an epidural catheter despite her risk factors. This was reported to be the largest malpractice verdict in the history of Tennessee.
- $15.2 million verdict (the largest in Weakley County, TN history) for a 17-year-old client who suffered severe brain damage when rehabilitation personnel removed his trach tube and failed to respond to his complaints about breathing difficulties.
- $6.5 million verdict for a surgical error victim who suffered a brain injury after she developed an infection during a tubal ligation surgery, and was improperly cared for by attending personnel.
- $5 million verdict for the family of a 22-month-old boy who died when a pediatric clinic and hospital failed to properly treat a tick infection.
- $4 million verdict for a college student who became paralyzed when providers waited too long to treat an arterial venous malformation on his spine.
How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Claim in Kentucky?
In Kentucky, the Statute of Limitations for filing a medical malpractice lawsuit is generally have 1 year from the date the victim knew or should have known that negligence caused their injuries.
There may be exceptions to this law and it will depend on your case facts.
Because there are situations that can affect the statute of limitations in medical malpractice actions, it is best to contact a Louisville medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible to determine what deadline may apply to your case.
Put a Proven Louisville Medical Malpractice Attorney in Your Corner
Medical malpractice lawsuits are fact-specific and highly complex cases, and they require extensive resources, expenditures, and medical expert insight to litigate.
At Kinnard Law, our Louisville medical malpractice attorneys have excelled in cases involving medical negligence, and are available to help victims and families across Kentucky and beyond learn more about their rights and options for pursuing the compensation they deserve.
Personal Injury - Erin Andrews Lawsuit Against Hotel $55 Million
Medical Malpractice - 62 Year Old Woman $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Largest Verdict in Weakley County History $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Davidson County $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death of 22 Month Old $5 Million
Golf Cart Accident $4.4 Million
Medical Malpractice - 24 Year Old College Student $4 Million
Wrongful Death - Tractor-Trailer Wreck $3.25 Million
Wrongful Death - 16 Year Old Boy $3 Million
Auto Accident - Rutherford County $3 Million
Integrity, above and beyond- H.W.
In the hardest two years of my life, you provided the utmost trust, comfort, and support.- T.H.
We are very grateful.- E.I.
Great staff.- J.
100% Best Lawyers Around- J.S.