Personal Injury Lawyers in Louisville, KY
Serving Clients Across Jefferson County & Kentucky
Victims injured by negligence have the right to be compensated for their losses. Though a personal injury claim is the first step in the fight for justice, there are many obstacles to overcome – be it the burden of proving fault and liability, or the tactics employed by powerful insurance companies that care more about profits than people. At Kinnard Law, we have the tools to help.
Our firm handles cases involving:
- Airplane Accidents
- Birth Injury
- Boating Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Child Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Train Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Trust a proven personal injury team when it matters most. Kinnard Law serves clients throughout Louisville and beyond, and welcomes attorney referrals. Call to request a free consultation.
Why Choose Kinnard Law?
Kinnard Law is a nationally recognized personal injury law firm with a regional reputation. Our award-winning lawyers have cultivated a record of success representing clients across Kentucky and surrounding states.
- We’ve been fighting for injured victims and families since 1977.
- Our lawyers have over 150 years of collective experience.
- We’ve secured record-setting results, and hundreds of millions in compensation for clients.
- Our firm has been named among U.S. News’ “Best Law Firms” in Personal Injury, Product Liability, and Medical Malpractice.
Our attorneys have been recognized among The Best Lawyers in America®, Mid-South Super Lawyers, and other national rating services. Randall Kinnard is a member of the invite-only Inner Circle of Advocates (a group of the nation’s top 100 plaintiffs’ trial lawyers).
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Determining if you have a valid claim for compensation depends on the unique facts of your case. Generally, victims who suffer harm and losses due to the negligent or wrongful acts of others have the right to file a civil personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party – and hold them financially responsible for the damages they suffered.
Of course, obtaining full and fair compensation is rarely an easy task; there are many factors that can add complexities to a case. At Kinnard Law, we offer free evaluations to review the merits of potential claims, and explain to victims whether they may have cause for legal action, their rights and options, and how we can help.
How Much is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Claim value is not always immediately clear. Personal injury suits are case-specific, and compensation victims may recover depends on a variety of circumstantial facts, from the severity of injuries and available insurance coverage to whether victims make a full recovery, or are left with lasting deficits.
Generally, damages in a Kentucky personal injury case may include compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Physical pain and suffering
- Lost income / lost future wages
- Permanent disability, impairment, or disfigurement
- Emotional suffering, mental anguish, and grief
- Loss of quality of life, loss of companionship and care
With a network of investigators and experts, we’re able to help clients explore all available avenues for recovering damages, and building the strong and effective claims needed to pursue the maximum compensation possible.
Over our 40+ years in practice, Kinnard Law has recovered millions for our clients. Some of our case results include:
- $55 million breach of privacy verdict for Sportscaster Erin Andrews.
- $22.2 million verdict – the largest medical malpractice verdict in the state of Tennessee – for a client who was rendered paraplegic after medical personnel inserted an epidural catheter.
- $15.2 million medical malpractice verdict, a record in Weakley County, for a client who suffered permanent brain damage after his tracheostomy tube was removed.
- $3.25 million truck wreck result over a woman’s wrongful death and injuries to her daughter.
- $2.9 million motor vehicle accident verdict in wrongful death and personal injury suits over a fatal crash on I-24.
- $2 million auto accident verdict for a 7-year-old girl injured in a school bus accident.
- $1.8 million medical malpractice verdict over a cancer misdiagnosis.
Should I Accept the Insurance Company’s Offer?
In personal injury cases, victims must contend with powerful corporate defendants and insurance carriers who want only to protect their bottom lines, and pay as little as possible. As such, it’s not uncommon for insurers to make low settlement offers that don’t account for victims’ full scope of damages, especially if they suffered serious or permanent injuries.
At Kinnard Law, we draw from the insight of medical experts to evaluate victims’ injuries and prognoses, the likelihood of recovery and any long-term or lasting impairments, and what damages they are likely to incur in the future.
This meticulous preparation, along with our reputation as seasoned trial lawyers, enables us to level the playing field with insurance companies, and bring fair settlement values to the negotiation table. Should defendants refuse to make fair offers, we’re ready to fight for our clients at trial.
Proven Louisville Injury Attorneys Ready to Help
Bringing your case to the attention of experienced personal injury attorneys is one of the most important steps you can take in your legal journey. By working with Kinnard Law, you can obtain a free, no-risk case evaluation during which we can assess the merits of your claim.
If you have a potential personal injury or accident case in Louisville, or a potential wrongful death claim, please call or contact us online to speak with an attorney.
Personal Injury - Erin Andrews Lawsuit Against Hotel $55 Million
Medical Malpractice - 62 Year Old Woman $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Largest Verdict in Weakley County History $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Davidson County $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death of 22 Month Old $5 Million
Golf Cart Accident $4.4 Million
Medical Malpractice - 24 Year Old College Student $4 Million
Wrongful Death - Tractor-Trailer Wreck $3.25 Million
Wrongful Death - 16 Year Old Boy $3 Million
Auto Accident - Rutherford County $3 Million
Integrity, above and beyond- H.W.
In the hardest two years of my life, you provided the utmost trust, comfort, and support.- T.H.
We are very grateful.- E.I.
Great staff.- J.
100% Best Lawyers Around- J.S.